Today was an OKAY day!
Alright, alright so here's the deal....... within the past couple of weeks I have learned and realized a lot- and I mean A LOT with being in University, most of which I will disclose at a later date, due to biased parties involved, or that will be included in my further writings.

Today I had to re-write my Hinduism Quiz, because I was not given ample time on ELM, that my professor had properly allocated toward it, which was beyond bizarre. It was funny, I am so used to the high school way of writing quizzes that I did not think to open my books and look at my notes, which my professor said she would not object to......... I learned that with only five minutes remaining, after a second student had come in to write her's as well. Dr. Pearson even handed me her text book, which had the secret notes of a professor written in it!!!

Once completed, I then headed off campus, to booster juice to find out that they do not accept the McMaster meal plan card, fabulous, a healthy place to get nutritious and delicious fruit energizing smoothies and I don't have access to it because I don't even have excess money to spend. And McMaster University which is in such close proximity, does not even have any connection whatsoever to it. Wonderful.

Thinking that this might occur, I went to Boston Pizza to get an extremely satisfying chicken salad for lunch.

Taking my time, faithfully reading my RISK novel, and knowing I had to, at least leave at 12:45 to make it to my volunteer for 1:15, I absentmindedly left later than I anticipated. The thing was, I was so full from that salad, that all I wanted to do was just sit there, and read for an hour, and not go to volunteer, to let my food absorb into my system. I knew I had to leave and I knew I was going to be late, regardless of what time I left, although timing would determine HOW late I would be. And so I carried on my way quickly, racing, to beat the clock, little did I know there were other plans, written in the stars for me....... I had a flat tire on my bike, and couldn't go as fast as I wanted to. (As I was taking the bike trail, going down the hill, onto the bridge and back up I had to descend as it was far to much torture for my bike) I had to go to the washroom and could not hold it, so I had to make a pit-stop at Metro to use there facilities. I also had to check something out at LCBO, and after those short short errands I continued, on foot, leaving my bike locked up at Metro. Wentworth Lodge Senior Community centre was only a five minute walk from University Plaza, so I wasn't going to be too late.

I arrived at 1:30, only to go upstairs to the recreational hall, to find no-one there. Starting to walk away Denise says hello to me, from behind me, she is the volunteer supervisor there, and I thought my luck was changing........ nope, because after my 2. 1/2 hour volunteer session I had a headache that was getting worse by the minute.

I couldn't leave without saying "hi" to my friend Olga, so I chatted with her for a bit, met one of her good friends and former neighbors; Marria and her husband Henry (the ninth). I had to get pick up my bike and get back to school and get some food. I knew I wasn't going to make my next lecture, as a matter of fact I purposefully missed it because I knew I would fall asleep in it. And I could be doing way more productive stuff rather than that, so I stayed and read, before heading back to rez, to check my email, and relax before my last class of the day- Social Work.

I also failed to mention that at Wentworth Lodge I met a young teenager who is now doing the Katimavik program, the same one I did a couple of years back.... Not very much to say, or not very elaborate in saying what she did, she was extremely limited, she was very reserved. I didn't like that, I'm an outgoing person and she was giving me nothing to really work with. What a fool.

As of today (Friday) my new life starts!

0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • A Little Bit About Me.

    I am a first time blogger. Never been introduced to blogs before, never really been interested, not until I was formally introduced in my Communication Studies class. I think they are incredible, totally fun, and an excellent way to express yourself!!! Being creative doesn't even begin to explain the individuality and uniqueness of one's personal blog.

    Feel free to browse around, have fun and leave your mark...... I know its not much to look at given that I am just learning the ropes and with no direction, so I might as well be blind folded; but, I hope you enjoy looking at it as I have had in creating it. =)